Friday, November 9, 2007

Criminy, what a week

Okay, so my last post was Monday.

Most of Monday and a significant amount of Tuesday was caught up with the housecleaning. Tuesday evening, I got food ready for children and skated off to Red's weekly meeting (I swear, I'll get to talking about her business....just gimme a minute, willya?). Got home kinda late.

Wednesday. Work....immediately following which was Red's big Open House for her business (the reason for the massive top-to-bottom housecleaning effort of the previous two days). It went well, but not as well as it could have. Dinner late, bed later.

Up early Thursday morning, more of this "work" thing I'm supposed to do in exchange for the ability to continue paying my exorbitant mortgage. Right, lots happening there, very busy day, covered a coworker's desk and kicked much hiney. Came home, discovered the power source on my desktop computer has apparently decided to go off to wherever it is that dead electronic components wind up, leaving me with my laptop. Did something after work involving something from work, I think....it all kind of blurs together. Oh, I meant to have a beer and forgot. How depressing. In bed somewhat late, woke up halfway thru the night for something that was well worth getting up for (heh), and then up a few hours later for....

Friday! Hallelujah, more work. Back to work, busy busy gogogogogogogo day in which I discovered much ineptitude on the part of other people, which I fixed and spread sunshine and happiness.

Now I am home. The kids are gone for the weekend with their dad. I am having cold pizza and a colder beer whilst sitting in my living room using my laptop.

*sigh*

Busy weekend ahead, too. Hopefully, I get to sit down for a little while on Monday of next week, but I'll bet it won't happen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As soon as you plan on getting a moment of rest, something will happen to interfere.

So quit plannin' shit already.