Monday, December 10, 2007

Tippling Tuesday, done early

I won't have time for my weekly beer post tomorrow - Red's got her business meeting, and I shall go as the dutiful carrier-of-things, so I'm a day early.

Today's brew is Henry Weinhard's Classic Dark. This beer is a very dark American lager beer - the website says it's available mostly in the winter (October thru March), but I've been able to find it year-round locally, so I suspect they're brewing it year round.

Classic Dark is a really deep chocolatey beer - those of you following my beer posts have no doubt noted a distinct preference for dark beers, and with good reason. I'm not a big fan of hops, really - even Northwestern hops tend to give a beer enough bitterness that the brew they're in is really harsh. This beer has three distinct malts, and a finish I can only describe as kind of sweet.

No comments: