Thursday, December 13, 2007

The guilt knife in my back

So I was ready for bed....sitting here minding my own business in my PJ's. Red and Little Red (the oldest) are sitting here watching CSI. Suddenly, Little Red sits up.

"OMG....like I totally forgot, I have to go to Wal-Mart tonight, because I forgot to get a toy for my Toys For Tots little boy, WGcanyoutakemepleasepleaseplease....." bounce bounce bounce

"Uh...." I replied snappily, looking down at my somewhat-clad self.

"Come on," Red said. "She's going to be spending her own money, you just have to drive."

"But I'm all ready for bed," I protested, thinking Blah, I gotta get up for work in the morning....

"I have to get him a toy! You don't want him to wake up Christmas morning and not have a toy do you???? He's five, and I want to get him a fire truck." persisted Little Red.

"Honey. Come on, you had a fire truck when you were a little boy, didn't you?" Red continued. She, of course, knew the answer. I'll tell you why she knows the answer to this one of these days. "Just think, this poor little boy will wake up all excited on Christmas morning, and he won't have a truck, and it'll be all your fault."

I wrote this. I posted it. Now I'll be shutting down my laptop and taking Little Red to Wal-Mart.

Redheads.

Sheesh.

Edit: On the way out was this witty exchange:

Me: "So what do I get outta this anyway?"
Little Red: "That warm fuzzy feeling in your tummy from me not punching you."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They just have a way with words don't they?