Friday, December 7, 2007

That big news I promised all six of you....

So I said I'd give out big news, and you'd have to wait....the waiting is now over (sorta). Most of the essential people having been informed, now it's your turn.

I'M GOING TO BE A DADDY!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: I realized this morning that I probably should share a bit more info. The newest lamb to this flock is due in July. I got to see movement and a beating heart for the first time yesterday, and I must say I handled it exceptionally well...no fainting, hyperventilating, or weak knees to be had. Nosiree.

I did get a little choked up when I saw the little butt wiggling, though. It's about the size of a kidney bean at the moment, and quite the lively little bugger. I hope for Red's sake s/he behaves him/herself prior to birth, because I've heard many times that I used to kick my mother's ribs so hard she could hear them creak. Red's family is also prone to big babies - she's a fraternal twin and she & her sister were both just a little over 7 pounds at birth.

Edit #2: Well, the kids have all finally been told. We couldn't tell the youngest two because they went to their dad's house for the weekend. Reactions thus far:
Oldest: You're joking, right. Look, you guys, this really isn't funny at all (repeat).
Middle: YAHOO!!!! MOMMY'S GOING TO HAVE A BABY!!!! (continued exciting jumping up and down)
Youngest: Yay! Now, knucklehead (looking up at me), this had better be a baby brother. There are too many girls in this house already.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so fantastically awesome, WG! Congrats to you and Red!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, wg!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you both! :)

WG said...

I'll admit, I'm feeling quite smug about the whole thing. Thanks, everybody. :)

lattégirl said...

Great news! Still that awesome even after the first one, eh?

WG said...

This will be the fourth little set of feet running 'round this house, actually....but the other three are all Red's girls, and are my step-kids. This is my first biological child, though. :)

Anonymous said...

The best kind of news to keep us waiting for! Congrats! This one is sure to be extremely clever, too!

WG said...

Oh yes. I'll be doing prenatal cleverness training starting immediately. *hauls out Black Adder CD's*

Anonymous said...

All that practice finally payed off eh?

kimsch said...

Congratulations Red and WG! And yes, I put her first. She has to do all the work!

WG said...

Well, not all the work. Let's not forget, I'm the one making midnight runs to Taco Bell and the grocery store. When they started putting in the Taco Bell just about a block from our house, I told Red it was time for the baby. It's a sign!

And yes, we did practice a lot. I mean, something like this you wanna get right the first time.

Lynne said...

Congratulations! I love your kid's comments, very funny!