Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Weekly beer post

Kate has her Tippling Tuesdays. I thought I'd turn it into a review of da brew. :)

First up, one of my new favorites: New Belgium Brewery's "1554"

This ale is really, really good, probably the best dark ale I've found since Guinness changed the formula for their brew. It's very smooth, doesn't have a sharp aftertaste like a lot of porters do, and isn't bitter in the least. In short, I like it a lot. It's got an almost chocolately finish that reminds me quite a bit of the seasonal late fall brews that one finds from the micro-breweries out here in Oregon, only they make it year-round, and goes with just about anything you care to pair it with (had some yesterday with Red's corned beef & cabbage....HEAVEN).

As a matter of fact, I think I'll have another.

No comments: