Sunday, October 14, 2007

Birthday fun

Ok, so Friday was my birthday. Yay, go me.....actually, I was finding the notion that I've been on this rock for 35 years now somewhat depressing. That is, until yesterday.

My wonderful Red had to spend a portion of yesterday working on her business....not a problem, all things considered. I got several uninterrupted hours to play my video game, and since that's a rarity, it was quite nice.

Then the Billy Joel concert tickets showed up. Did I mention I love Billy Joel, and that I've never seen him in concert? I'm stoked, even if I have to wait till the end of next month. :)

Then my friend the bike owner turned up here, around 8:30 or so (see my last photo-post - the motorcycle Julie is sitting on is his), and he and Red and I went to Presley's Playhouse. They poured a shot of Glenlivet and a pint or three of Guinness into me, and got me a private lapdance from Presley herself. I'm no connoisseur of lapdancing....actually, this was the first one I've received for myself, but I have to say it was, "Impressive....most impressive," as Darth Vader says. Red refers to it as "intoxicating", but I think that's the booze talking, whether she had more to drink than me or not. :)

After that, we went to see a local band from the Willamette Valley called Quandry. A lot of local bands come and go - I hope these guys make it, they were excellent live.

4 comments:

Julia said...

Sounds like a pretty nice birthday :)

Mine is on wednesday and I'll have everybody come to my favorite Karaoke-Bar. Hope it's going to be fun ;)

Greets Julia

WG said...

Of course it will be fun. Alcohol, friends, and attempted sing-a-long, how can you go wrong there? :)


Looks like you found me from one of Kate's blogs. Welcome!

Anonymous said...

Had a blast on Saturday!

Glad you enjoyed the festivities. :)

Anonymous said...

I've seen Billy Joel in concert five times.

Which is the main reason I'm sitting this round out. Hope he's awesome! :)

And if all else fails at Kennedy School we can talk Billy Joel.