Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Snarf, Snarf...

As I believe I've mentioned, we have five cats. One of these days I'll get around to posting pics of all of them, but that day is not today. Anyway, I was musing to a friend of mine today that one of the cats in particular is a whiner. His name is Prince, if you're curious - he was originally named Princess because we thought he was a girl until we discovered he had boy plumbing.

I think all of that girly stuff - dressing him up in pink, painting his toenails (no, I'm not kidding), and getting him a foo-foo collar - had an effect on him. He's now a metro cat, if you want the truth of it. Anyway, he has this thing he does where he whines when he wants out, and will only accept Red letting him out. If I go downstairs to the front door to let him out he runs away.

My friend, The Bike Owner (and commenter here if you've been paying attention), refers to people doing that sort of whining thing as saying "Snarf, Snarf", and if you're at all familiar with the Thundercats cartoon from the 80's, you'll get the joke. If not, well, here is Snarf.

The funny thing is, of all of the cats, Prince looks the most like Snarf.

No comments: