Sunday, July 1, 2007

Cautionary party notes

I suppose it's inevitable that at any party, particularly a beach-themed party, there would be a sizeable number of people that haven't quite internalized what the whole "dressing" thing is all about. Actually, that's probably true of any group of adults, but I digress.

One particular example from last night has managed to imprint itself upon my unwilling retinas, much like the afterimage you get if you look directly at the sun, only in a bad way. Now, I should preface this by saying that I'm willing to accept pretty much any bodily shape, being of the belief that it's what's inside that counts. If you're healthy, and usually even if you aren't, I'm okay with that - it's your body, you're the one that has to live with it, etc. There are some things, however, that just shouldn't be permitted in public, and this is one spectacular such example.

Desperately exhibitionistic attitude? Check
Obese? Check
Pasty I-sit-in-front-of-a-TV-all-day-eating-pork-rinds skin? Check
Poor sense of rhythm, and insistent on monopolizing the center of the dance floor? Check
Thoroughly inadequate, for even the most liberal definition of modesty, bikini, made of edible candy (that made a slow but steady disappearance as the night went by)? Check

It was horrific, much like seeing a wreck by the side of the road, where you don't want to look, can't stand to look, but can't help yourself, and spend the rest of your days wishing you hadn't.


That being said, it was a pretty fun party anyway.

Edit: yes, I know I said I'd bring pictures. Be thankful I didn't.

No comments: