Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Huh? *scratches head*

The employer I work for has an internal messaging system, much like a very dumbed-down version of any free IM program. It does the job....mostly.

One of the drawbacks of having an agency-wide IM program, though, is that while it's cool to message, well, anyone, it also means you can be messaged by anyone. Such was the case yesterday.

Receptionist from my last office: WG, there's a client here to see you.
WG: I'm sorry to hear that.
RFMLO: can u take a call please?
WG: I suppose.
RFMLO: what extension are you at now? my phone list is old.
WG: Well, I quit working in that building about five months ago. I'm on the other side of town now, did you explain this to whoever it is?
RFMLO: her ssn is xxx-xx-xxxx
RFMLO: her name is ___________
RFMLO: can i have her call u
WG: You should perhaps have her call her worker. She was never my client even when I did work there.
RFMLO: ok i have her call u from lobby
.....................long pause............................
RFMLO: hello r u still there?
WG: Yep.
RFMLO: she says she is getting somebody else's voicemail.
WG: That'd be because it is somebody else's voicemail.
RFMLO: ok thank you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I CANNOT !@#$%?! BELIEVE WE HAVE SOMEONE IN OUR MIDST THAT IS THAT CLUELESS [WELL, HELL, YES I CAN. BUT STILL...]

Anonymous said...

Yep... We hire the best and the brightest.

They promptly leave and go elsewhere.

Anonymous said...

so... looks like you give the same level of quality service that the Q company gave you a couple of weeks ago.

Seems like karma is a bitch for ya...

WG said...

Well, given the fact that a) I can't help the person that's in the lobby on the other side of town to begin with, b) the receptionist asking me if I can take their call is apparently too dense to realize that "on the other side of town" probably means that the internal phone system for that building doesn't work, and c) helping them was never my responsibility to begin with, I'd say the "customer service" I gave was much more helpful than the phone company I dealt with.

The difference here is that I'm paying the phone company for service. This receptionist was a clueless twit that shouldn't be allowed to deal with the public - I know this, having worked with him/her for a number of years.

Please see the previous post about trolls. KTHXBYE