Monday, March 31, 2008

Joy

So I got to see Bill Clinton today.

Four hours of traffic congestion, two hours of a standing line outside my office building by people hoping it wouldn't rain, special treatment of the students on campus, and a great deal of enjoyment seeing a middle-aged manager get giddy and squealy at seeing an ex-President from across the street for approximately eight seconds was had.

The fun bit was hearing about Mr. Clinton's handling of a 20-something heckler inside who kept interrupting him. It went something like, "Young man, I've come a long way, and some of these people here have waited hours outside in the cold to see me. You've been trying to give my speech for me since I got here...now, I'm willing to let you have your say. I'll tell you what. I'll finish my speech, and when I'm done, I'm going to give you a few minutes up here on stage to talk. We'll see if anybody stays to listen to you. K?"

Like him or not, you have to admire the man's ability to handle a crowd. :)

1 comment:

Bill P. said...

Oh, yeah. I remember that day...ZZZZZZzzzZZZZZZzzzzZZZZzzzz