Thursday, June 28, 2007

Post The First, In Which Our Author Explains Himself

As the title says, the first post. I'll explain the title later to anybody that doesn't get the reference (which is probably most people).

In anticipation of the hordes of wellwishers I expect to meet this way, I'd like to thank several blog parents who may or may not be aware of their impact on me.

1) Glenn Reynolds was my introduction to weblogs. I started reading shortly after 9/11, mostly because what he had to say at the time was considerably more interesting, informative, and had less of an obvious agenda than any traditional MSM outlet I could find.

2) Jeff also had a big influence on me, partially due to his magnificent prose, partially because the guy can't seem to admit how completely fucking brilliant he actually is, and partially because he had the gumption to put it all out there and bare his soul when Nelson died. I cried. Nuff said.

3) Last, certainly not least, and probably the biggest reason for my actually taking the jump and publishing a public, online diary, is Kate, because she's generally awesome and as my wife puts it, Takes No Shit From Anyone. I admire that.

More to come. Watch this space.

No comments: