Sunday, January 6, 2008

Coastal photos

Dad and I took a shooting excursion over to Lincoln City, then down as far as Newport. I think I did more shooting today than I've ever done - I filled up all six of the memory cards I had with me, which is a lot. Here's what I've had time to work up so far.



The Coast Guard helicopter from Newport came over twice.



Yaquina Head Lighthouse...

Just for perspective - yes, those waves are exactly as high as they look.



Very rough surf.

I spent quite a bit of time working on this shot.


This one, too.




Quite a bit of snow in the Cascade Range, at least for Oregon. I got this after I was trying to get a good photo of a Great Blue Heron, and he decided being elsewhere was a good idea.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

those are nice shots!

WG said...

Thanks! :)

lattégirl said...

Some of those water shots are superb